You can customise your Icon (Shortcut) bar for quick and easy data-entry. This is one of the first things I do when I work in a new client's file. It makes the work I do much quicker and easier and is well worth the few minutes it will take to do.
To customise your icon bar do the following:
- Right click anywhere on your icon bar and choose Customise Icon Bar
- Choose Add and select from the list any functions that you regularly use
- Once you have added all the icons you require from the list you may want to re-organise them into a more useful order. To do this select the Diamond to the left of the function you wish to re-order, using your mouse. While holding the mouse down move it to the position you want it to now sit. Repeat until all features are in a useful order for your business.
- You can also add line spaces (separators) by selecting the Separator button. This will enable you to group your shortcuts into groups of similar icons. ie. One group might be Invoices, Customer Payments and Sales Receipts followed by a Separator then the next group might be Bills and Pay Bills, again followed by a Separator.
- You can also add Reports in the same way (I don’t recommend you clutter your Icon Bar with too many Reports however you may want to put a couple of main ones there that you access regularly ie Debtors List and Creditors List.
- To add shortcuts to things that are not in the list you need to do the following:
- Open the function you wish to add (ie Pay Bills or a chosen Report)
- Select the View button (from the Menu bar at the top of the screen)
- Choose Add Pay Bills (for example) to the Icon Bar
At the top of this page is an example of how you may want to organise your Icon Bar.