You can customize the style of invoices, sales receipts, and estimates, plus you can control which data entry fields are available on sales forms.
To change the style of sales forms:
- Click the Gear Icon > Custom Form Styles.
- To change the Standard style for all types of forms, click Edit. Or, click New style and then select Invoice, Estimate, Quote or Sales Receipt from the list in the dropdown menu to start a new style.
- On the Customize Form Style page, go through all the tabs at the left to experiment with the changes you can make. For example:
Design – click on the following options along the left
- Change up the template – Use to select different template.
- Make logo edits – Use to add or edit your company logo.
- Try other colors – Use to change color palette. You can use html color codes.
- Select a different font – Use to change the font. To see multilingual characters (such as Chinese) on invoices, set Font and line height to Arial MS (Multilingual).
- Edit print settings – Use to adjust how form will print
Content– click on the preview on the right to select the section of the form you want customize.
- Header – click the top of the preview. In this section you can update your business information that shows on forms along with basic information. You can also add up to 3 custom fields here.
- Table – click in the middle of the preview. In this section you can select the fields you want to show on the form, including the Account Summary. Click on Show more activity options for more options
- Footer – click on the bottom of the preview. In this section you can select what information to show on the bottom of the form
Emails – you can select the default email message you want to send with your Invoice, Estimate, or Sales receipt. You will also have an option to setup reminder emails here.
Payments – you can select what payment methods to have appear on invoices sent by email.
Once the preview looks the way you want it to on the right you can then click either:
- Preview PDF – to get a better view or to print it out
- Save and Exit and you’re done!
If you added a new style, you’ll see it listed on the Custom Form Styles page. To make a form the default click the dropdown next to Edit > Make default
Here’s how to assign it to a new form you’re creating.
- Click Customize
- Click the template you want to use or Edit current
Add or remove certain data entry fields directly on an invoice.
- Click Create (+) > Invoice
- Click Gear icon
- Add any available fields or columns
- Click X icon to close